For the past few years now, as I have traveled, I have seen a wide array of people living on the streets. Tiny thai men living in tents on top of metals roofs down an ally in Bangkok , legless men in Antigua Guatemala who sweep the walk ways to former anthropology students who started out living on the street as a social experiment then ending up liking it.

This is a collection of men and women who I have interviewed over a nice lunch. I've always struggled with just giving money to these people, so I started taking these people out to lunch in exchange for an interview and some photos. Here is their story:

Monday, March 24, 2008



Honestly, I'm not sure how many times I have driven by this terribly uniform group of trees, or how many times I've thought to stop and take pictures , or what made Seth and I actually stop this time. We did and it was cool. Not too much to report, I still dont have anything to report as to why they are there or what purpose they serve, besides giving contrast to the ugly nothingness outside of Jarome, ID.

2 comments:

Cool Waters said...

That grove of trees is my absolute favorite! Pretty much the only thing I have to look forward to on our drive to Boise! I always tell Sam that I have to go frolic in the grove before I die! So...maybe one day we could get this awesome pic from you!

hilla said...

I know exactly where you are talking about. I too have pondered on its existence, it purpose, it beginnings. I once heard a rumor the trees were for paper, and rumors are always seeded in truth, right? pretty pic for sure.